Nowadays, the nursing field experiences the rapid growth based on the fact of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) which states that registered nurse was increasingly employed by 19% from 2012 to 2022.There are several ways to become a registered nurse, they are: 1-2 year diploma, a 2-year associate degree, or 4-year bachelor’s degree, or BSN. The last one is the best for you to earn if you want to have the brighter nursing career.
The general benefits of earning your RN-to-BSN degree are:
– BSN graduates earn more money
– BSN Curriculum gives much more knowledge than clinical skills
– BSN graduates treat patient better according to the researrch
– Some nursing vacancies are available only for BSN graduates
– Earning a BSN through online is much easier thn ever
– Usually hospitals like to hire the more educated nurses
– BSN related to higher professional advancement
– Getting a BSN may become a requirement in the future
Those are the general benefits, what about in Washington State? What are the pros and cons of earning your RN-to-BSN online? How about the RN-to-BSN salary? And what will you learn in your degree program? Find the detail information here.
1. Online RN-to-BSN Programs in Washington State?
Just like other states, Washington State nursing is also growing. It is because the are has high demand for healthcare. Therefore, the coalition in Washington state keeps the academic progression to prepare the better nurses among the growing population with chronic conditions. Washington has more than half a dozen accredited universities with RN-to-BSN progra, even some of them provides online programs with a similar learning experience to campus learning. The distance learning will benefit you if you are still working and have personal schedule.
Another benefit of an RN-to-BSN program is the classes. They include:
– Nursing research for the real and rationale nursing actions, patient referrals and diagnosis.
– Diversity in health opens your insight to the diverse populations and cultures.
– Leadership enables you to manage and support well as a staff, administrative and mentorship.
– Improved pathophysiology increase your practice better in patient care and illness
– Professional development creates your self confidence with proven models of action
– Pharmacology gives you knowledge about medication, purpose and untoward impacts.
The benefits of earning your RN-to-BSN degree include the career. Mostly the hospitals in Washington imporove the quality of patient-centere care in Washington State by enhancing the RNs to BSNs as their staff. Moreover, the Washington Nursing Coalition wants more BSN for becoming nurse educators and teach the mentorship, leadership and formal nursing education in higher institutions. We can say that a BSN is able to assist the modern RN to instruct the shifts of healthcare demands at the bedside and in clinical nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing Definition?
2. Pros and Cons of Earning Your RN-to-BSN Online
The perfect benefit of online studying nursing is the busy working professional can earn the BSN degree in between their working time. Besides, there are other benefits (pros) for RN-to-BSN Online program for you to know:
– You may omplete the degree from the convenience at home based on your schedule.
– Despite its flexibility, online program will train your self-discipline and responsibility so that you can complete the study well.
– Because it is online, the program requires you to have internet access and a computer as well as the skills to operate them. Surely, it will increase your computer skills which is essential to turn in your assignments on time.
– You will also be an independent student when you take online program. An independent study will also help you to develop your responsibility for your learning or career path. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
– Since you study at home, you will save cost and time rather than traveling to campus. No bus catching, no parking fee and no detention for the late students.
– You will find limited personal interactions because you will interact a lot on a computer. Even you discuss through messaging or online discussions to your professors.
– For taking nursing online program, you should have the prior background such as a current, valid license for practicing as an RN. It is because when you study online, you have no access to the hands-on instruction as you get in a traditional classroom.
3. Top 5 RSN-to-BSN Salary
The benefits of earning your RN-to-BSN degree is the better career for nurses and of course the better salary. Here are the top 5 RN-to-BSN salary:
- Surgical nurse ($74,197)
He/she provides the assistance during the surgeries such as the actual operation and preparation the equipments.
- Pediatric Nurse ($41,000 – $65,500)
He/she provides the medical treatment to infants and children and help to care the injuries, illnesses and disease.
- ICU Nurse ($62,000)
He/she works inside the ICU to help monitoring the vital signs, administer medication, prevent infection, etc.
- Obstetric and Gynecological Nurse ($60,000)
He/she works alongside the physicians and midwives to care the pregnant women, assist during the childbirth and surgery, etc.
- Hospice Nurse ($29.65 per hour)
He/she helps the end of life care frequently in a home setting and ensure maximum comfort for the patient.
You can see here a BSN is able to worj in a wide range of different fields because generally nurses choose areas of specialization when completing their degree.
4. What Will You Learn in Your Degree Program
To earn the RB-to-BSN degree you should complete the following courses like:
a. Health Information Technology
b. Community and Public Health Nursing
c. Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing
d. Nursing Management
f. Cultural Diversity
g. Liberal Arts: History, Humanities and Literature.
You will also study the topics like you will have at Walden University:
b. Issues and Trends in Nursing
c. The Context of Healthcare Delivery
d. Health Assessment
e. Family, Community, and Population-Based Care
f. Research and Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice
g. Leadership Competencies in Nursing and Healthcare
h. Public and Global Health
So, there are a lot of benefits of earning your RN-to-BSN degree for your study and career life in spite of the pros and cons. Be sure that the better job is a lot more important so you need a higher education.